Advances in minimally invasive surgical technologies have created new opportunities in neurosurgery, including procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of intracranial defects. KARL STORZ has pioneered rigid and flexible endoscopes to meet the challenges of advanced neurosurgical procedures. Endoscopes providing various viewing angles, including 0°, 30°, 70° and 120°, facilitate visualization of the areas of the brain to an extent that was not previously possible with a microscope. This is the “eye-inside” concept that provides the advantage of looking around the corner. Coupled with state-of-the-art imaging technology, neuroendoscopy is fast becoming the standard of care for neurosurgery.
Neuroendoscopy is indicated for broad range of procedures, such as:
• Endoscopic endonasal pituitary surgery
• Expanded approach to the skull base pathologies, such as chordomas, meningiomas
• Endoscopic third ventriculostomy
• Advanced ventriculoscopy, such as colloid cyst evacuation
• Endoscopic-assisted microsurgery for cranial, skull base and spine lesions